Thursday, January 21, 2010

The perfect tub


Acritec's showroom on Main Street only had the bigger version of this, so that was the one I used for test-lounging. It was very comfortable - the back support was just right. The construction and craftsmanship appears well-done. The only problem was that it felt too big. I felt like I could almost swim in it. This is not good since I want to lounge in it, not swim in it.

So getting the smaller version (Victorian I) should be just about right. It would be the same manufacturer and the same overall design, just slightly smaller, so I can't go too wrong with this choice.

The suggested retail for the Victorian II is $1420, homedepot.ca has the Victorian I in their online store for $1022 (the Victorian II is $1238). More to change the feet to brushed nickel ($1310). $87 shipping (ships directly from the vendor and takes about two weeks).

Edited to add: Hillcrest Plumbing Discount Centre near Ripples Kitchen and Bath on Main Street had the Victorian I on display last time I was there in March 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment